Job Analysis: The Foundation of Injury Prevention
Have you ever tried to get an employee back to work after an injury based on his or her job description? Did it accurately describe the physical requirements of the job?
Not likely, in most cases.
Now you have an employee with physician restrictions, trying to get back to work with little to no information about the physical requirements of the job. You might ask the supervisor about the physical job requirements – only to have the employee strongly disagree with the supervisor’s subjective information.
It can become a total guessing game, with no data to back the guesses up.
A comprehensive, accurate, and compliant job analysis for each position can help avoid much of the confusion and misinformation. Having an assessment that defines the physical requirements of the job will help your employees perform more effectively and efficiently. It will also help keep you in legal compliance.
Your Competitive Advantage
It’s difficult to have a compliant, comprehensive injury prevention program without job analysis. Implementing this program will help you:
- Develop Physical Abilities Testing (pre-hire or return-to-work)
- Make better return-to-work decisions
- Prepare reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities
- Develop and implement work conditioning and work simulation programs
- Develop temporary light duty programs
- Set up job rotation and workflow to prevent injuries
- Identify recommendations for ergonomic improvements
Why Choose ErgoScience for Job Analysis?
The ErgoScience Quantitative Job Demands Analysis™ (QJDA) process was developed and validated through research in conjunction with the US Department of Labor. It’s a proven, highly reliable, and valid process of doing job analysis.
ErgoScience provides thorough, objective, and qualitative information to help determine and measure the:
- Percentage of the job spent peforming various job tasks and physical functions
- Heaviest weights and forces handled
- Distances, durations and repetitions of forces, and movement and reaching ranges
- Environmental conditions, PPE, and equipment required for the job
Want to learn more about how we can help?
Our comprehensive ebook covers everything you need to know about injury prevention.
We have combined over 30 years of experience to give you the information you need to make a decision.