Impairment Rating Training
ErgoScience Impairment Rating (IR) training is available in the 4th, 5th, and 6th Editions of the Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment. The two-day workshop involves lecture, case study presentations, practice, and a lab session providing instruction and practice in inclinometry of the spine (5th edition only).
Take our IR courses at our facility in Birmingham, Alabama, or you can ask us to come to you. Additionally, the Alabama State Board of Physical Therapy has awarded 12.5 CEUs for this course, and certification is provided upon passing a certification examination.
You will learn to:
- Understand impairment and disability and the role of impairment evaluation
- Comprehend the importance of complying with AMA Guidelines in the medico-legal system
- Perform a musculoskeletal impairment evaluation of the spine, upper extremity, and lower extremity
- Understand the difference in methodology between 5th and 6th editions
- Document the information used to calculate the impairment rating
- Prepare a concise, organized impairment rating report
- Market this new line of clinical service to referral sources