Impairment Rating Training
ErgoScience Impairment Rating (IR) training is available in the 4th, 5th, and 6th Editions of the Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment. The online course involves lecture, case study presentations, practice, and a lab session providing instruction and practice in inclinometry of the spine (5th edition only).
Performing AMA Impairment Ratings is an online, self-paced course, designed to train physical and occupational therapists and other clinicians in performing Impairment Ratings as outlined in the AMA’s Guide to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment. The course will involve pre-recorded lecture, case study presentations and practice.
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- understand impairment and disability and the role of impairment evaluation
- be able to perform a musculoskeletal impairment evaluation of the spine, upper extremity, and lower extremity.
- learn a systematic approach for documenting the information used to calculate the impairment rating
- be able to prepare a concise, organized report of the impairment
- be able to prepare adequately for a deposition or testimony
- Market this new line of clinical service to referral sources
Participants must have a copy of the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment. You may purchase a copy on Amazon, B&N or the AMA Bookstore.
Performing AMA Impairment Ratings: 6th Edition
This course is approved for 6.5 CEUs by the Mississippi State Board of Physical Therapy.